2019 Heart Pumping Routines
Cardio is a must when it comes to designing a workout routine. As a Cardiopulmonary major, I always start here. I love running, jump roping, and toe touching. However, I realize this may not be the best option for everyone. Here are some heart pumping routines that won't kill your knees.
- Scissors - Lay on your back and alternate lifting your legs. Do this to your comfort...never discomfort!
- Swimming - If you have a pool, get in it. Studies have shown hydro-therapy is great for our joints.
- Eliptical Machine - Many people have these and don't use them, use it! It is a perfect cardio workout and it's designed to preserver our joints. Most gyms will have an Eliptical. Incorporate it into your workout routine.
- Yoga and Pilates - Massive Benefits to get you going here!. Personally, I've never consistently done Yoga, but have followed along with video's, like the below, from time to time. I'm no expert at Yoga, but I know it's good for the heart and gentle on our joints.
- Kayaking or Canoeing - My favorite! If you live in Florida, like me, then it's the perfect time of year to hit the outdoors. We get our best outdoor weather during the fall and winter! So go row!
- Walking - If you can't do any of the others, then start walking. This is the best. Easy, Free, and you don't need anyone to tell you what to do. Turn on your favorite music, and have a 20 min walk party!
After deciding how you will stay Healthy, Happiness is certain to follow. Happy people are nice to be around, so grab a Buddy!
Yes! Yes! Buddy up! Stay Positive! Keep it going!
Get Ready for Benefits that will serve your body well!
- Improve Heart and Lung Function.
- Decrease arteries and veins blockages.
- It reduces blood sugar levels.
- Improve weight control.
- Increase bone density.
- Improve Blood Pressure.
- Decrease Risk of diseases
This post is not for my hard working cardio people. You know all of this. But you can share it with those you often leave behind. We all have to do something! Let's go!